Saturday, August 30, 2008

Is Japan Really more expensive??

Just recieved my Electricity bill for the month of July... with me turning on my airconditioning
almost every day and night, (both living room and bedroom)... the total amount for water and Electricity totalled ¥17,000... ~ $221 @ Yen/SGD rate of 0.013
( I did not add in gas bill )

Now I dun really know the value of things in japan, yet, but comparing it back with Singapore,
with me not traveling and at home and only turning on the living room A/c on some nights, bedroom a/c all nights, my Utility bills totalled $180 (I dun use g'arment gas)..

so comparing $221 in japan with $180 in singapore for Electricity and water, and bearing in mind, A/C was used almost every day for both living and bedroom day and night in japan compared with lesser usage in singapore... is Japan really an expensive city??

I believe that Singapore has become more expensive... even with the periodic subsidies that is given out. Don't think it will be long before Singapore is on par or overtakes japan as the more expensive City to live in.

2 comments:

Ben said...

ahhaha agreed la. i tink cause japan's appliances more efficient. >< i'm pretty sure singapore's electricity bill will blast thru the roof with a day and night 2 room air conditioning.

vulnerable toes said...

wouldn't it be more prudent to compare the per unit cost of each individual service/commodity?

if u were to compare as such, u have to take into consideration lots of other environmental conditions like temperature and humidity for example.