Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You only appreciate ....


what you have when you lose it... Finally experiencing the full effect of those words while having dinner with my wife earlier... Both of us swallowing down our rice and the yummy curry chicken my wife made.

Another realisation ... only after we've moved up to japan, we have been cooking quite a few singapore dishes for the first time in our lives...

Both of us can cook, but we have never really bother to cook Bak Kut Teh, Curry chicken, stew chicken, garlic stir fried prawns... Thinking back, I guess we've always taken for granted that we can always just walk out to anywhere in singapore and just order it...

It has never cross my mind that we will one day crave for all these mouth-watering dishes and not be able to "just walk out and have them"


So What else have I taken for granted all this time ?

I can only hope that I will be more aware and appreciative of all the simple little things in my life going forward....
I guess i'll start with appreciating my wife and our soon to be delivered son!
.... have you been taking ppl or simple things around you for granted ?? :)

2 comments:

Qween said...

i appreciate you 2!! :)

the people here are missing u as well and yah, we're sorting out the trip to be over there in august...WATCH OUT!

AND pls send us an sms to inform IMMEDIATELY about zayne's arrival and both mother & son's healthy and well type of msg ok!

SG_Alien said...

thank you thank you... :) *shy* never thought I would be missed leh :P ..

looking forward to your highness'es arrival... and "oofu cozu", will definitely sent sms to inform you the 1st minute Zayne rolls out :)