Monday, December 15, 2008

Home-Food Sick !

Think it was around 1st week of December, weather started getting cold here in tokyo...

and suddenly I missed Claypot chicken rice.... hmmm lup cheong, mushroom, and chicken braised in dark soy sauce.. and ooh so smelly yet so tasty salted fish.... mmmmmmm

I guess home-"food" sick always brings out the best cooking in me... so I decided to make Claypot chicken rice!!! ... this was a usual dish that my mum will make when we were kids...

coz its really easy, 1 pot meal. Mum had always used the rice cooker, so that there will not be so much burnt rice .... :)

I had almost all ingredients.. Dark soy sauce (smuggled from singapore), Lap Cheong (also from singapore), Chicken of coz local lah.... and the most important salted Fish.... hmmmmmm

Now where am I to find that?... I improvised with ANCHOVIES !! yes, you read correctly, tin anchovies. take them out and heat them on low heat in a pan... they too become crispy and taste exactly like our chinese salted fish!!... go try if you miss good'O salted fish.



The vege was something additional.. but still home recipe from my mum

No comments: